[mythtv-users] compiz/xgl crash with myth playback

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Mon Aug 21 02:49:46 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-08-13 at 19:00 -0400, David Won wrote:
> I just got a new laptop that is xgl compatible and am also
> experiencing this. Did anybody ever find a way around this? Kind of
> sucks having to logout and in each time I want to watch myth.
I'm not using compiz, but there should be two options:
 1/ Disable XVideo in MythTV, run "NO_XV="yes" mythfrontend"
    This is slow (no HDTV), and some things aren't supported,
    but you should get video.
 2/ Get the latest and greatest Xgl. Xgl in SVN now has basic
    XVideo emulation on some graphics chips. Intel is probably
    supported, plus maybe nVidia and some ATI chips. I saw a
    demo of this at SIGGRAPH, it was either RedHat or SuSE ppl
    who were presenting.

-- Daniel