[mythtv-users] Please help compiling modular X.org driver for PVR-350?

Marc Barrett mnealbarrett at cox.net
Sun Aug 20 21:23:19 UTC 2006

I am using a Gentoo distribution (kernel 2.6.17-gentoo-r5), and I've been trying to
compile a driver for modular X.org version 7.0.  I've been precisely following the
directions on http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/XV_on_PVR-350.  I get the
following error:

elrond marc # ebuild xf86-video-ivtvdev-0.10.6.ebuild digest
Appending  to PORTDIR_OVERLAY...
!!!  does not seem to have a valid PORTDIR structure.

Could someone help with this?  As an alternative, I found the binary driver
in a Knoppmyth partition that I set up earlier.  I found it at
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/ivtvdev_drv.o.  The problem is, that directory
does not exist in my Gentoo setup.  Could someone familiar with Gentoo
tell me where I should copy that ivtvdev_drv.o file?