[mythtv-users] Choppy/Stuttery audio UK BBC1 and BBC3 only

Paul Fowler Paul.Fowler at reuters.com
Sun Aug 20 19:14:47 UTC 2006

I have my mythdora system working fine for all DVB channels, except
most programs on BBC1 and some programs on BBC3 (Doctor Who for example)
which are 'very stuttery' and un watchable, well un-listenable.
This happens on live TV, and playback of a recording from the same
channels.
All other channels work fine for Live and recording.

I have an Athlon XP 2500+ 2GB Ram and four Twinhan DVB-T (D+A) 3054
cards.
The graphics card is a FX5200, and the audio is part of the A-Bit NF7-S
motherboard.

Mythdora 2.1 uses 0.19-fixes branch, which reports as 0.19-20060121-2
I asked gdingtv (d00dtv) which SVN version and was told it is from
atrpms, which is
Fair enough but I have no idea how far down the SVN branch it was built
from.

I have tried setting extra audio buffering - no improvement.

Any suggestions, surely somebody else in the UK has experienced
something similar.

Any suggestions on diagnosis would be appreciated too.

Regards,
Paul.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Reuters Ltd.