[mythtv-users] MythBox unstable when next to stereo/TV

George Roberts gr at gr5.org
Sun Aug 20 17:50:43 UTC 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew Casper" <andrew at andrewcasper.com>
>> I've tried twice now to move my MythBox from my den to the family
>> room.    The box works great in my den.  But when it is next to the

There were great suggestions already - here are some more.
Assume at first that the problem is either related to the cable to the
TV or to power.

To test the power theory, try the  long extension cord idea.

To test the "massive noise or current flowing to TV" theory, try
leaving the TV on, but don't connect the mythbox to it.  In fact
try connecting the mythbox to the tv that *does* work but powered
up in the room that doesn't work (family room).  If this is the
problem, is your TV grounded?  Is there a 3rd wire in the
power cable and does it connect to a proper ground?

Maybe you can ground the svideo cable somehow at the TV end.

- George Roberts
http://gr5.org