[mythtv-users] Backend starting before DVB cards initialised.

Bruce Nordstrand brucen at ksl.com.au
Sun Aug 20 02:53:46 UTC 2006

Dennis Hand wrote:
> You could just put in "/etc/init.d/mythbackend start" at the end of
> rc.local.
> You could also elect to turn off mythbackend from the init scripts with
> "/sbin/chkconfig mythbackend off" if it's failing once you've done
> this. As
>
> for your modprobe.conf hacks, I wouldn't think you would need that. Once
> the modules have been loaded and the adapters created, then all should
> be well.
>
> Dennis Hand
Thanks Dennis for the mythbackend tip...

I made a mistake in saying that I put some stuff into modprobe, actually
it was rc.sysinit. It was late and I didn't check things before I posted.

The problem I was having is that the system was only creating one set of
adapters by default. The changes to rc.sysinit got it to do both cards.

Cheers
Bruce