[mythtv-users] diskless Mythtv USB

Peter A. Daly petedaly at gmail.com
Sat Aug 19 18:31:42 UTC 2006

If you are interested in going the MiniMyth route, but don't want to deal
with the network boot issues, you may want to consider booting using as
CF-IDE adapter to boot from compact flash as if it were a hard drive.

Here's roughly how I did it:
http://www.mythpvr.com/mythtv/minimyth/boot_from_compact_flash_disk

Basically I share (and don't control) my DHCP server, so I didn't want to
mess with the network boot method.

I am very happy with MiniMyth, other people seem to be as well.

-Pete