[mythtv-users] commercial detection always cuts off end of Colbert Report

Matt skd5aner at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 23:55:17 UTC 2006

On 8/17/06, Kevin Kuphal <kuphal at dls.net> wrote:
> Matt wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> >    I just wanted to say that Colbert Report is now one of my most
> > recorded programs on my mythbox after I've been using it for 2.5
> > years.  I notice that every episode, after the final commercial break,
> > the show comes back on anywhere from 5 seconds to 60 seconds; but
> > rarely does it EVER show that part of the show, it always gets lumped
> > in with the commercials and always gets skipped (every time).  Anyway
> > that the commercial detector can be optimized or fixed so this doesn't
> > happen?
> >
> If it was an easy problem to fix, someone would have done it already.
> That being said, there will be experimental commercial detection code in
> .20 that was recently checked in (check Trac) that you can enable to see
> if it does a better job than the existing code.
>
> Kevin

Hey Kevin,

   Yea, I read the commits list and use SVN, but I haven't tried any
of the branches.  I just wanted to bring this up (I'm sure it's
probably been brought up before) because I know people are working on
a new commdetector and I wanted to give a specific example of a show
that has done this particular behavior for about 8 months, 5 days a
week so that they could try to engineer a solution to it.

Thanks!
Matt