[mythtv-users] OT: top/bottom/side posting - WAS Re: When is .20 coming?

jacob jacob at heider.homelinux.net
Thu Aug 17 22:02:14 UTC 2006

On Thu, Aug 17, 2006 at 02:51:19PM -0700, Rich Wilson wrote:
> <prune>
>
> Or use gmail to read this list. I rarely even notice whether someone
> has used top or bottom posting, because the previous messages have
> condensed into a small link "show quoted text" which is easy to ignore.
>
> Rich

gmail has the unenviable trait of not including any context in a response at
all. Due to the above feature, many newbies never realize this is a
completely heinous problem. Sometimes they can be educated, but they are
often (oddly) resistant. I know many people simply filter their mailing
lists, and newsgroups, so they don't see anything that came from gmail. Just
another site that reminds us that it's still September...

http://www.retrologic.com/jargon/S/September-that-never-ended.html

Jacob