[mythtv-users] FFmpeg and VLC

Derek Battams derek at battams.ca
Thu Aug 17 19:49:21 UTC 2006

Quoting Ben Curtis <mythtv at nosolutions.com>:

>> configure: error:
>> /files/Software/mythstreamtv/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libavcodec.a was not
>> compiled with postprocessing support, make sure you configured ffmpeg with
>> --enable-pp
>>
>> Yet I compiled it with --enable-pp and the configure showed me it was
>> there.  Any hints?
>>

> Eventually figured out that ffmpeg must have gotten rid of the
> pp_get_context call in the latest svn.  I compiled an old src RPM and was
> able to get VLC to configure.  Of course VLC doesn't compile with this
> version of FFMPeg.  So, can anyone who has this working tell me what
> versions of VLC and FFMpeg they've compiled together?  Or 1 better, where
> to download those specific versions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ben

I got it to compile, using the latest versions, by modding the vlc
confgiure script.  The location of the postprocessing lib has changed
in the ffmpeg tree and if you mod the vlc configure script to find it
then everything moves along.  Unfortunately, I'm away from my mythbox
for a week or so and I can't give you anymore details other than to
say once you hack the config script to get by this problem then you'll
also have to mod some of the souce files that won't compile due to an
invalid path to the postprocess header file.  It takes a little work,
but it will build.

HTH,

Derek