[mythtv-users] When is .20 coming?

Phill Wiggin alamar at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 18:43:17 UTC 2006

On 8/17/06, Gert-Jan Bilt, van de <GertJan at vdbilt.eu> wrote:
> Please _do_ top-post, I hate to wade through all the crap before I get to the new stuff in a post.....
> The moral of this posting: There is no right or wrong, just viewpoints. Please allow everybody his or her own ettiqute.

My apologies, but etiquette is "The practices and forms prescribed by
social convention or by authority." (yay, Dictionary.com!)

Etiquette is a social rule, not a personal opinion.  On this list,
etiquette is spelled out at:

You may personally like top-posting, but someone else may enjoy TYPING
IN ALL CAPS OR 13373 $P34k.  Your viewpoints are as valid (in general)
as anyone else's, but on this list, such practices are considered bad

Or, in short:
On the Myth lists, Top-Posting = Bad. Post-pruning = Good!

--Phill W.