[mythtv-users] GeForce FX 5200 nVidia drivers? (tangent to previous post)

H P Ladds householdwords at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 15:28:14 UTC 2006

Hey,

My previous post on the same topic,  focused on selecting the proper
architecture of the driver: 32, 64,  IA or AMD.

This time I was hoping to focus the thread on the driver version.

Jarod's Howto reads as follows:

Unfortunately, nVidia went and changed some things in their latest driver
> release ..., so for the time being, stick to the 7676 release.

My question is this: has the time limit of "for the time being" expired?
The latest version is 8762, and it is the 5th update since 7676.  Yum won't
install the 7676 due to missing dependencies.

Any success stories advice to share reguarding the  FX 5200 much
appreciated?

Thanks