[mythtv-users] Slimserver, SoftSqueeze & MythTV

George Galt george.galt at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 14:29:39 UTC 2006

Nick:

FYI, I have found that I need to edit the makefile prior to building.  Also,
there are some dependencies that you will need.  I can't think of all of
them off the top of my head, but certainly devel libs for flac, vorbis and
mad.  Also you will need portaudio installed.  Just watch the linker output
(or take a look at the makefile) and you should get it all.  Everything I
needed I could install on Fedora Core through Axel's "atrpm.net" repository
(or one of the other repositories you get using Axel's configuration files).

One other thing, Richard wrote all of these files in C, and if you link to
anything "C++" based, you will need  to surround all of the procedure
declarations with "extern C" declarations.  This tripped me up for a little
while.

George