[mythtv-users] Lost channel names after db corruption

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Aug 17 00:37:59 UTC 2006

On 08/16/2006 01:14 AM, Jason Surprise wrote:

>Recently my mythconverg database somehow got corrupted.  I figured out
>how to rebuild the table and all is well again, except that some of my
>channels have lost their real names.  I see names such as 'Channel 63'
>instead of 'MTV'.  Is there a way to reload the names into the
>database?  I tried going through mythtv-setup again and having it
>initialize the channels from zap2it, but it didn't help.

It won't "fix" channel names since it figures if they're different,
you've renamed them.  There's an option (--do-channel-updates I think,
but I don't have access to the 'net or to mythfilldatabase right now),
that will tell mythfilldatabase to "fix" your channels.  So,

mythfilldatabase --help

(to verify the option name) followed by

mythfilldatabase --do-channel-updates

Mike