[mythtv-users] Intel GMA 900 and HD

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Thu Aug 17 01:04:13 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-08-16 at 16:33 -0700, varek wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I posted a similar question about about a month ago and I'm still
> searching for an answer.  Can a motherboard with an integrated Intel
> GMA 900 chipset handle HD (720p + 1080i) with the XvMC driver?

I can't tell you if MythTV supports it, but I can tell you the X.org
mailing list is the place to ask if it is supported on Linux. There
are several Intel engineers on that mailing list and they recently
started releasing the sources for their 900 series graphics chips
drivers. On that mailing list I've read that the drivers are still
in an experimental state, but I don't know what that means for XvMC.

If the drivers do support XvMC I can help get MythTV to play nice.

-- Daniel