[mythtv-users] Can't solve a problem with Skipping/Fast Forwarding

Paul Wheeler paulrwheeler at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 21:00:49 UTC 2006

On 8/16/06, Stephen Robertson <stephengrobertson at gmail.com> wrote:
> It looks like ntp is all okay.
>
> Below is from /var/log/messages:
> Aug 16 20:03:53 minimyth daemon.info ntpd[3554]: synchronized to
> 192.168.1.64, stratum 2
> Aug 16 20:03:53 minimyth daemon.notice ntpd[3554]: kernel time sync enabled
> 0001
> and also:
> /var/log $ cat /etc/ntp.conf
> server 192.168.1.64
>
> So it doesn't look like the problem is here.
>
> I've done a bit more investigating and I've found something that may give
> someone a clue.  I get a problem with FF/REW when I am watching a recording.
>
> However if I schedule a recording of a program that is currently showing
> then go to watch recordings and start watching it then FF/REW seems to work
> correctly!!

Stephen,

I have had similar problems with ff/rew in the past i found that it
came down to database issues, using the methods suggested by Michael
above didnt help too much so i wiped the database and started afresh.
This sorted out all my problems. Obviously i was happy to lose any non
backed up recordings etc so may not be perfect solution for everybody.

I would suggest backing up your database, wiping it then starting from
scratch and see if the problem persists, if it does then you can iron
out the database and reload your backup. If the problem goes away then
you know where the problem is and then its a case of either working
with the backup database to get rid of the problem or starting afresh
depending on your preferences.

Paul