[mythtv-users] Audio from inactive PVR150 tuner coming through on remote frontend

anthonycapo at frontiernet.net anthonycapo at frontiernet.net
Wed Aug 16 20:48:56 UTC 2006

Hi,

After upgrading to SVN (10746), I've been noticing a strange behavior
where I can hear the audio from an inactive (i.e. not recording) tuner
card on my frontend while in LiveTV, and sometimes even while in the
menus. I've also noticed that the audio sometimes sounds "echo-y" on
LiveTV and some recordings (almost like it is picking up two of the
same audio stream).

I'm set up with one dedicated backend with two PVR-150s and two remote
frontend-only systems. All are using ALSA or OSS.

I submitted this as a ticket (http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/2183),
but Isaac suggested it may be a driver prolem.  However, the drivers
are the same as I used for 0.19, and I don't know how else audio from a
tuner card on the backend could be making it onto a remote frontend
other than through Myth.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?  Any suggestions on how I might try
to diagnose it?

Let me know if there is any particular log or config info that would be
helpful.

On the FE/BE in question, I'm running FC5, alsa-lib-1.0.11-4.rc2,
kernel 2.6.17-1.2174.  The BE is using ivtv-0.7.0-117.