[mythtv-users] When is .20 coming?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 16:50:56 UTC 2006

On 8/16/06, list at onnow.net <list at onnow.net> wrote:

> >> Yes

> >> SVN Head is the current source code with all patches applied that will
> >> be released in the next milestone. So tickets set for 0.21 that
> >> include patches have not been applied. 0.21 ticket patches exist for
> >> those dev's that wish to track the patches and apply them manually.
> >> Once 0.20 is released and a 0.20-fixes branch is created
> >> Isaac/Daniel/etc will begin looking at the tickets slated for 0.21 to
> >> apply to head (which will eventually, at this point, become 0.21).
> >> Many times branches to HEAD are created (like Daniels DVB-EIT rewrite
> >> branch) for large code changes so that specific areas can be worked on
> >> without affecting other dev's (since many times these changes will
> >> break the code for "extended" periods of time), and eventually get
> >> merged back in when they feel its ready for general testing.
> >>
> >> Hope this helps!
> >
> > Thanks Steve, that cleared it right up for me. It's good to know I
> > wasn't _too_ far off-track. =)
> >
> > I'm looking forward to all the great stuff in .20. Thanks, devs!
> >
> So I have to be a bit pushy and ask....
>
> With 42 outstanding issues, is that a week, two, a month, more........?
> Are they allways all fixed before a release?
> Speculation?  Educated speculation maybe?

Phil, no prob!

"list",
Two possible answers, take the one you like the best ;-)
1) yes.
2) It will take as long as it takes for the tickets to be ready.

Experience and common sense dictates that the fewer tickets the longer
each ticket will take (more difficult issues/etc). Some may not
actually get included in 0.20 and be reslated for 0.21. Some may be
easy but not high priority so the dev's wait till the end to fix.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!