[mythtv-users] When is .20 coming?

Phill Wiggin alamar at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 14:58:11 UTC 2006

> On Aug 11, 2006, at 12.27, Gary Jones wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know when .20 is going to be released, even an estimate?
>
> When It's Ready™

I'm going to show my ignorance here, but I've been curious about the
release process for a while now.

When a release is impending, I tend to go to
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/roadmap to see how close the next release
is.  Previously, I'd check the Active Tickets of the next version
(Now, .20 with 42 active tickets).  I took that to more or less be the
"What's left before we release".

I read DanielK's comment:
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/2182#comment:2 and got a bit
confused by the "[we] are not fixing any remaining 0.19 problems".
After re-reading it, I assume he means "if the problem persists, it'll
be opened as a .20-.21 ticket.  That particular problem was fixed in
"SVN Head", apparently.

So, to those that are knowledgeable, my question is 2-fold:

1) When anticipating a release, what should we look at on trac? (The #
of open tickets on the milestone that's releasing?)

2) How does SVN Head fit in with the milestones listed in trac? (I
assume this is a standard practice when using svn, and if someone
knows of a well-written howto/explaination, a link would be greatly
appreciated.