[mythtv-users] XM Radio

Mike Grusin mgrusin at flyingcircuits.com
Tue Aug 15 23:00:35 UTC 2006

Chad spake thusly:
> (FYI, mine will be going into a Jetta).

You might like the phatnoise / phatbox.  It's a HD-cartridge-based MP3
player that integrates very nicely into VW radios (it replaces the CD
changer in the trunk).  The new ones are expensive, but last year the
dealers blew out the old models at clearance prices ($125).  You might still
be able to find one, or try ebay.  I have one in my Golf and the WAF is very
high.  It's linux-based, but sadly they don't like people messing with it
(some do of course ;).  Can't help with the satellite radio but for an MP3
library it works great.

Good luck! -Mike G.