[mythtv-users] Disk space is not freed from deleted recording until mythbackend exits

Jim O'Neill oneillji at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 02:06:39 UTC 2006

I've been having a problem for about two to three weeks now where the
space from a recording manually deleted from within mythfrontend is not
returned to the system until i exit mythbackend.  It was working prior
to this.   The recording appears to be deleted according to mythfrontend
and the file system but myth and df do not show the space being
returned.  The file system is used by mythtv alone and only for
recordings.  As a test i have deleted a recording from konqueror and
space is returned after a few moments without exiting konqueror but i
have no clue as to whether this test has any validity.

I've found one thread on the list mentioning similar symptoms but in
that case having mythbackend and mythfrontend running on different boxes
was determined to be a contributing factor and i'm running both on the
same box.

I'd appreciate any insight anyone can share that may lead to a solution.

Thanks
Jim

LVM with reiserfs.  reiserfsck reports no problems.

mythbackend --version
Library API version: 0.19.20060708-1
Source code version: 10761M