[mythtv-users] LVM Problem -- Please Help

gLaNDix (Jesse Kaufman) glandix at lloydnet.org
Tue Aug 15 22:06:16 UTC 2006

Tom+Dale wrote:
> In fact, we had added the SATA drive to the LVM thinking that we could
> pvmove the data and then remove the 320GB drive for use in another box.
> It was not until we'd added it into the LVM that we realized you cannot
> reduce an XFS volume group.

so you had already "grown" the XFS filesystem to use the entire space in
the volume group?  i didn't see that in the original post, so i was
assuming you hadn't resized the filesystem yet.  if not, then no data
will be on that drive and you can safely remove the physical volume from
the volume group.  otherwise, i'm not sure, since i don't have any
experience with XFS, just ReiserFS and ext3

-g-