[mythtv-users] Mythwelcome sometimes won't shutdown

Brian Steele steele.brian at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 18:10:28 UTC 2006

On 6/23/06, Hansa <mythtv at logic-q.nl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My system uses mythwelcome to shutdown/hibernate. Most of the time
> mythwelcome shuts down properly. However sometimes it fails to shutdown
> and
> just stays in it's idle state telling me it will shutdown in 10 seconds.
>
> Browsing mythbackend.log wasn't helpful (at least not to me).
> Last time it happened the log showed me the following:
>
> <snip>

It looks like you never got an answer to this.  There seems to be a bug in
mythwelcome that you are running into.  In the shutdown settings there is a
setting for "Don't shutdown if there is a recording in the next x minutes".
If the upcoming recordings list shows ANYTHING that starts in the next x
minutes, even a show that has been previously recorded, Myth won't shutdown
until that show either finishes recording (in the case of a real upcoming
recording) or the start time passes (in the case of something that won't be
recorded for whatever reason).