[mythtv-users] forcasting disk space

Matthias Thyroff lists at thyroff.net
Tue Aug 15 07:51:42 UTC 2006

Am Dienstag, 15. August 2006 09:30 schrieb Paul Wilson:
> Has anyone got any scripts which forcast disk shortages or HDD space for
> MythTV recordings
> ie scan Upcoming Programs for tomorrow and guess space required then
> calculate ( available less required)?
>
> It would be handy on the System Info page and/or MythWeb
>
> Paul

Hi Paul,

according to the concept of myth, after some time of usage, the disk always is
full and for each new recording, some old stuff is expired and deleted
according to the established rules.

Having a preview for required disk space would be quite complex, I would
think: required disk space for scheduled recordings might be difficult to
calculate, as I think it is not clear from EPG data what resolution and data
rate can be expected from a program, and then, there is live tv from a
theoretically unknown number of frontends for an unknown amount of time,
which also takes up an unknown amount of space.

That said, maybe it would be nice to hava an "auto expiry preview", which
could remind you of programs you have not watched but would like to. I do not
know wether such a thing exists.

Matthias