[mythtv-users] Front End Setup

Kevin Hulse jedi at mishnet.org
Mon Aug 14 20:54:28 UTC 2006

On Mon, Aug 14, 2006 at 03:24:08PM -0400, Harry Lipkind wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have a MythTV backend (with local viewing) setup.  I am now trying to
> setup a front end and not getting far.
>
> I have read the paragraphs in the documentation.  They say that we do
> not need mysql on the front end and that no backend configuration is
> needed (correct - no backend on front end only machine).

	The mysql on your backend box needs to be setup
so that it is visible on your frontend machines. Some
of the distros setup mysql so that it is only visible
to the box it is running on (for security).

/etc/mysql/my.cnf

#
# Instead of skip-networking the default is now to listen only on
# localhost which is more compatible and is not less secure.
#bind-address           = 127.0.0.1
bind-address            = 192.168.1.12

[deletia]