[mythtv-users] Audi sync problems with Mytharchive dvds

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Aug 14 20:06:02 UTC 2006

John Drescher wrote:
> I have a similar problem with my recordings and mytharchive and with
> the help of projectx I have tracked it down to mythtranscode and
> commercial cutting. It seems that every commercial cut the audio
> looses 1 to 3 frames so as a 1 hour recording gets close to the end
> after 10 commercial cuts the av sync problem gets really annoying.
>
> I have temporary fixed the problem by replacing mythreplex with
> projectx in deMultiplexMPEG2File() but this has not been without
> problems as in the past this caused the audio to drop completly out
> 2/3 way throgh the show although after grabbing the new svn source on
> Aug 08 this problem has gone away for the 3 shows I have tested.
>
> John

Yep I can reproduce this myself now. After cutting out 9 segments in a
file I need and an A/V Offset in xine of -00:00:44 (39600 pts)  to get
the audio back in sync after the last cut. After each cut the sync
gradually gets further out of sync.

I'll contact Geoffrey Hausheer who did the mythtranscode --mpeg2 stuff
to see if he has any ideas on how to fix this.

Paul H.