[mythtv-users] Myth Recording Extender (MRE) v1.0.0 Released

Daniel Walton dwalton at cisco.com
Mon Aug 14 14:50:03 UTC 2006

This tool is a great idea!  Questions/comments:

- For NFL preseason support is adding the following to EventFactory.php the only
required change:

            case 'NFL Preseason Football':
               $obj = new NFLEvent($data['subtitle']); break;

- How forgiving are the team matches when comparing the "X vs Y" in the channel
guide vs the "X vs Y" from the espn pages?  In other words if I tell myth to
record the "Carolina Panthers vs NY Giants" but espn.com has it as "Carolina
Panthers vs New York Giants" or "Carolina Panthers vs N.Y. Giants" will MRE
figure out that this is the same game?

- any plans to add this functionality to mythbackend or to mythweb?

- Say I'm going to record the 1pm and 4pm NFL games on the same channel.  If the
1pm game runs over will MRE recognize that it doesn't need to change anything
since I'm recording the following program on that channel?

- Assume I have one tuner and I want to record the 1pm NFL game on FOX and the
4pm NFL game on CBS.  If the 1pm NFL game runs over by 15 minutes MRE will tell
myth to record FOX until 4:15?  Will MRE also tell myth to not bother recording
the CBS game until 4:15 or will the 4pm CBS game not record at all because there
was a conflict?

- If espn.com changes their page format and MRE can no longer parse espn pages
will MRE extend a recording by some default amount just as a safety net?

Thanks
Daniel