[mythtv-users] HD3000 Problems FC4

H P Ladds householdwords at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 13:30:04 UTC 2006

Hey Tyler,

I am running a very similar system -- HD3000 and Kenel 2.6.17-1.2142_FC4. I
too used Jarod's HOWTO.

The HOWTO instructs that mythtv-setup should be run as non-root. I had
success running mythtv-setup as root user. I always had permission issues
running mythtv-setup as non-root. (Other posters had similar experiences).
After the setup is completed, the Frontend(s) may be run as non-root.

Use the DVB configuration settings. The HD3000 setting is no longer
applicable.

The device /dev/video0 works on my system.

As for Nvidia drivers,  I have had success with the the those provided by
the Kernel. However, I am having trouble with Bob 2x and XvMC. I receive
warnings to the effect that the Monitor is not capable of using Xvideo
motion compression. This happens on two different LCD monitors -- so I was
beginning to supect that my drivers for the GeForce FX 5200 card are not up
to date. (This particular card allows for dual head display, so its driver
might be different than those for single head FX 5200). I have not had any
success using this card with two monitors in FC 4 -- only XP <hisss>.