[mythtv-users] HD3000 Problems FC4

Tyler Edwards nugen101 at comcast.net
Sun Aug 13 22:53:57 UTC 2006

I'm trying to set up a remote backend/frontend system with a HD3000 card in
it and running into trouble. I'm running Kernel
2.6.17-1.2142_1.rhfc4.cubbi_swsusp2. When I go into mythtvsetup and try to
configure the HD3000 there is no option for HD3000 with DVB drivers, the
only option is HD3000 with V4L drivers. The device that it is picking is
/dev/video0 and not the /dev/dvb/adatper0/dvr0. I have done a modprobe
cx88_dvb and it loads fine, but myth can not recognize the device it
creates, /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0. Myth says can not probe card for inputs. I
have tried changing all the permissions to 777 so that all have full access,
but this doesn't seem to help. Is there something I'm missing in the Kernel,
am I using the wrong kernel? I followed Jarod's guide to set this up and ran
into trouble with the video drivers and the stock kernel, so I had to enable
"testing" on atrmps and load the kernel I'm running now to get the nvidia
drivers to load. Any ideas on what I should try? Let me know if there is
more information that you need.

Tyler