[mythtv-users] First Time with TV - issues

Bruce Nordstrand brucen at ksl.com.au
Sat Aug 12 16:25:41 UTC 2006

Hi all

I connected my Myth box to the TV for the first time tonight. All went
well except for a couple of issues.

Firstly, Myth show fine and uses all the screen. I have the screen set
at 800x600. However when viewing a recording the display is down and
left a bit and show a blue line around the viewport (at least the bit
that you can see). I do have TVOverScan set to 1.0 as suggested in an
earlier posting - would this be the problem?  My video card is a nVidia
FX5200 and the TV is an analog Blaupunkt 70CM - PAL-B.

Secondly, I did not have a keyboard or mouse attached when I first fired
it up. Problem is, is that quite a few of the remote keys/presses don't
work in this scenario. Shutdown, connect a keyboard and they come back.
I am currently using the IR port on my Compro Videomate DVB-T300 card.
Any way to get around this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Bruce