[mythtv-users] Issues with guide.xml & channels.conf (Sydney, AU)

Bruce Nordstrand brucen at ksl.com.au
Fri Aug 11 04:48:20 UTC 2006

Daniel Walton wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Aug 2006, Bruce Nordstrand wrote:
>> hanks Daniel
>>
>> I hadn't seen this wiki page before as it referred to cable. But the
>> contents got me going. I followed the manual DB update bit and all is
>> working now. Not exactly the most user friendly way of doing things but
>> it got it done.
>>

> I'll agree with you there.  I ended up writing a script that would tune into the
> first channel of my channels.conf, call mplayer and play the channel until I
> could figure out what channel I was watching, accept a description for the
> channel and put it into channels.conf...repeat over and over about 100 times.

Wow, what a pain. Thank goodness I only have 6 channels at the moment!

> I just upgraded to SVN though, I may try the new channel scan stuff that has
> been added and see how well it works just for the heck of it.

I'd be interested to hear how that turns out. For the moment I am
running on MythDora as I couldn;t get everything working with an SVN
install. I am not overly comfortable with packaged deals, I would much
rather compile things myself.

Cheers
Bruce