[mythtv-users] Why are all myrecordings expired almostimmediately? (v0.19)

Greg Estabrooks greg at phaze.org
Thu Aug 10 15:13:23 UTC 2006

> However, I did find why it didn't log: I started the mythbackend without a log file option. That has been rectified now, so I should at least see the (very informative *cough*) message "Autoexpiring program". I'm wondering why this log entry isn't a bit more elaborate, it should know which program it is deleting, might as well put in the log file.

 I'm not sure what it did back in 0.19 but in latest SVN HEAD and soon  0.20 it does say what file and how much space was recoverd as well as why it was
expired.

 For example I hit a threshold with some of my daughters programs and I had
told it to expire old ojnes and record the new ones and this is the message I
get.

2006-08-07 21:08:09.174 Expiring "SpongeBob SquarePants" from Thu Aug 3 18:30:00 2006, 1117 MBytes, too many episodes (only want 4).

2006-08-08 09:02:59.592 Expiring "Dora the Explorer" from Fri Aug 4 17:30:00 2006, 930 MBytes, too many episodes (only want 3).