[mythtv-users] Issues with guide.xml & channels.conf (Sydney, AU)

Daniel Walton dwalton at cisco.com
Thu Aug 10 13:44:19 UTC 2006

> Update (still no go)
>
> I ran mythfilldatabase which went off and grabbed program data and
> inserted 6 new channels into the DB. These channels of course have no
> tuning data. So, I went into MythWeb and added the xmltvid's to my
> already tuned channels and renamed them to be identical to the 6 new
> ones imported. Everything thing else I made invisible.

I did the same but at this point I deleted all of the channels that were created
by the mythfilldatabase.

> However, no program data shows for my original channels (imported via
> channels.conf) and as far as I can see the entries are an exact copy of
> the mythfilldatabase imported channels. If I hide the originals and show
> the imported, the program data appears.

I deleted the original channels.  I basically only kept them long enough to
figure out the XMLTVIDs for all of the channels that were created by importing
channels.conf

You've probably seen this already but here is the guide that I followed:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Adding_QAM_Channels_For_HDTV_Tuner_Cards

Daniel