[mythtv-users] Fix for distorted image on CRT TV

Cool Frood aaranya+mythtv at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 13:24:18 UTC 2006

On 8/8/06, Steve Daniels <steve.p.daniels at googlemail.com> wrote:

> [...]
Somehow I couldn't figure out how to use the offset values correctly.
When I tried to change the x-offset, it make the image move up by
changing the y-offset and I gave up at that point.  Perhaps if I try
harder, I'll figure it out.

In any case, I tried hooking up my DVD player with the same S-Video
cable, and I didn't get any distortion yet.  I didn't try the test to
figure out if my regular TV signal chops off more of the image than
the TV-out does.  However, when I tried my DVD player, I managed to
get the S-Video cable more untangled from the rest of the cables, so I
seem to be getting less distortion now.  It's not perfect, but I think
I can live with it at this stage.  If I'm feeling enthusiastic, I'll
try increasing the overscan.

Thanks,

Akshat