[mythtv-users] Hooking Hauppauge NOVA-T remote to NOVA-T-less frontend ...

Jules Gosnell jules at coredevelopers.net
Thu Aug 10 10:20:45 UTC 2006

Dawson, Guy wrote:
> [...]

sure - I understand - I won't hold you accountable :-)

> Having said that,  I see no reason why what we are discussing will not
> work.  In fact, as per my original reply, I **HAVE** seen this done
> somewhere on the web. I have a clear recollection of a photo of one that
> someone had made.
>
> If I where to do it now,  I would start with the circuit from
> http://www.cesko.host.sk/girderplugin.htm, (except that LIRC expects the
> signal on pin 1 not pin 6).  My research indicates that the Hauppauge
> receiver is just a packaged 'IR detector', with pin-outs as per
> http://www.irblaster.info/hauppauge_ir.html (at the bottom ).
>
> Like I said, it should work, but I can't be sure without trying.

understood

> BTW I assume that backend is not in the same room as the front-end.

correct - otherwise, I would just plug the receiver into its card and
there would be no problem.

the card is at the other end of the garden in my office - with just cat5
between it and the front end.

> Although I not tried with Myth, LIRC is actually a network server,  and
> the software using it need not be on the same PC.

interesting.

Thanks, for all your help, Guy - I'll report to the list when/if I take
the plunge :-)

Jules

> Guy

> The information contained in this message or any of its attachments may be confidential and is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s).  Any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited without the express permission of the sender.  The views expressed in this email are those of the individual and not necessarily those of Sony or Sony affiliated companies.  Sony email is for business use only.
>
> This email and any response may be monitored by Sony to be in compliance with Sony’s global policies and standards

crystallises out around it."

  * Jules Gosnell
  * Partner
  * Core Developers Network (Europe)