[mythtv-users] ASUS P4P800-SE No Sound with onboard soundcard

me at blaue0.net me at blaue0.net
Thu Aug 10 07:26:40 UTC 2006

Hello,

I'm a first time Mythtv user and I have bought some hardware that is
quite good for MythTV with SDTV. I was sucessful at configuring and
running MythTV with all its goodies. Very good software.

The only problem I've got right now is that I have no sound: My box
has an integrated amplifier that I have from an old DVD player. It
takes the sound over a cinch cable. But the problem seems to be
elsewhere: I do not get any output on any of the three jacks of the
onboard soundcard.

The soundcard is run by the 'intel8x0' module and is the one that
ships with the ICH5 southbridge on the chipset. I can turn on and off
the channels with alsamixer but I don't manage to get any output. I
can imagine that it has something to do with the surround settings...

I know the mythtv list isn't supposed to discuss this things as it's
barly a MythTV problem (I don't get any sound with mplayer too), but I
thought that someone here on the list will have the same motherboard
if I've got some luck ;-)

Christian