[mythtv-users] feature suggestion: pause at end of playback

chris at cpr.homelinux.net chris at cpr.homelinux.net
Thu Aug 10 04:32:23 UTC 2006

On Wed, Aug 09, 2006 at 11:27:00AM -0400, Nelson Tang wrote:
> The reasoning behind this is that I often see commercial flagging not
> finding the end of the last set of commercials before a show ends (for

I find that commercial flagging is inaccurate enough that I set
both my frontend machines to just notify but not automatically
skip.  I like G.A.N.T. for the main menus but use the blueosd theme
during playback as it includes the length of the commercial as part
of the notification.  That way I can skip ahead if the number looks
reasonable and ignore it if something silly like "14:30" comes up.
If the first commercial dumps me into the middle of the next
segment then I know I'll have to manually jump ahead for the rest
of the show.