[mythtv-users] Tuning problems in Ghana

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Aug 10 02:30:59 UTC 2006

On 08/09/2006 12:39 PM, Odzangba Dake wrote:

> I installed mythtv on ubuntu 6.06 yesterday. The installation went
> fine but now, I can't tune into any channels. All the webpages I
> visited talk about North America and Europe but I live in Ghana (West
> Africa). I use tvtime and it works just fine.

Have you chosen some frequency table in tvtime or are you just tuning by
frequency?  MythTV does have a frequency table for "southafrica" (which
seems to be the closest to your location), so if Ghana uses the same
frequencies, it would work for you.  (Although, it doesn't contain any
channel at 202.5MHz.)

> Is there any way I can manually feed channels to mythtv?
>
> For instance: GTV = 202.50 Mhz

You can:

a) use the channel editor in mythtv-setup or MythWeb to change the
freqid (first field on the second page of the channel editor, labeled
"Frequency or Channel") of the channel to the frequency in kHz (i.e. GTV
= 202500)
b) create a frequency table (based on any standard frequency allocation
that may exist for your area) and add it to Myth (so others in Ghana can
also enjoy MythTV).  If you can at least come up with a list of
frequencies and their associated channel numbers, I can help turn it
into into code.

Mike