[mythtv-users] Why are all my recordings expired almost immediately? (v0.19)

Gert-Jan Bilt, van de GertJan at vdbilt.eu
Wed Aug 9 19:16:07 UTC 2006

I was hoping to get an answer from you, I have looked through the mailing archives already: Whenever I record something, whether it is from live-tv or a scheduled recording, they seem to be almost immediately expired. The log files don't show a thing, even though the logging is set at the highest.

I do not have too much disk space available at the moment, around 12 GB, but I have also set the bitrate a bit lower then default, giving about 1.5 GB/hour of recording quality. The setting for "keep available" is at 2 GB. This should be enough to store at least 3 hours of recording before it should expire I imagine. Yet all the recordings keep vanishing.

Can anybody sortof explain what autoexpire is doing exactly? How does it decide when to throw away a recording?

Thanks.