[mythtv-users] MythTV causing System to break down!

Mike Grusin mgrusin at flyingcircuits.com
Wed Aug 9 16:55:59 UTC 2006

> After seeing this I realized that the problem is that my dev/hda2 is
> running out of diskspace.
> I partitioned my 160GB Disk like this:
> dev/hda1	/boot	100MB	ext3
> dev/hda2	/		10GB	ext3
> dev/hda3	/swap	512MB	swap
> dev/hda5	/video	140GB	jfs

Make sure that you're actually mounting hda5 to /video.  If it isn't
properly being mounted, your recordings will end up in hda2/video.  You can
check this with the 'df' command, and looking at the "mounted on" column.
Your recordings could be disappearing because they are being autoexpired to
make room for more recordings.

It may not be mounting properly on boot if there's a problem with your fstab
file, or if a problem has developed with the filesystem itself (watch the
startup messages for something like "couldn't mount local filesystem" etc.)
If there is a problem with the filesystem, jfs_fsck should be able to repair
it ('man jfs_fsck' for info).

I use jfs too, and like it a lot. =)

Hope this helps, good luck! -Mike G.