[mythtv-users] MythNews setup crashing frontend

Justin The Cynical cynical at penguinness.org
Wed Aug 9 08:32:24 UTC 2006

Robin Gilks wrote:
>> I've googled and check the archives, and I'll be darned if I can't find
>> the answer.
>>
>> Myth 0.19-fixes branch, version 0.19.20060121-2
>>
>> When I go into the mythnews setup, the frontend bombs out with
>> "MythNews: Failed to get sites container"
>>
>> I've never seen this one, and apparently neither has anyone else on the
>> list, judging from the lack of results when I search.
>>
>> Anyone?
>
> See if going for one of the default themes (eg. Blue) fixes it - then
> compare the news xml files between themes to see what yours it missing (I
> had a similar problem with SVN MythGallery and Titivillus theme).

Interesting results...

I ran 'locate news' through less, and the results are:

/usr/local/share/mythtv/mythnews
/usr/local/share/mythtv/mythnews/news-sites.xml
/usr/local/share/mythtv/themes/blue/news.png
/usr/local/share/mythtv/themes/G.A.N.T./watermark/newspaper.png
/usr/local/share/mythtv/themes/isthmus/news_scroller.png
/usr/local/share/mythtv/themes/Minimalist-wide/news-ui.xml
/usr/local/share/mythtv/themes/MythCenter/watermark/news.png
/usr/local/share/mythtv/themes/Titivillus/news-ui.xml
/usr/local/share/mythtv/themes/Titivillus/watermark/news.png

Currently, I'm using G.A.N.T, which appears to be missing the
news-ui.xml.  Let's see if Titivillus works...

Yep, that did it.  Checking some of the other plugins, such as mythgame,
  I'm finding those missing as well in the other themes.