[mythtv-users] Success! at long last. Thanks

Shanon Mulley shanonmulleyster at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 23:40:50 UTC 2006

When I first built my machine, it was an Avermedia 771 DVB-T card.

I also have a DVICO Dual Digital in there now - I think I had the same
issue with that, but I'm not 100% sure. But I do know the Avermedia
had this problem.

I share the directory via Samba. Before my recent re-build, I had
mythweb set up so if I clicked on a recorded show in mythweb, from my
windows machine, it would instantly fire up videolan and play the
file, without having to buffer or anything (kind of streaming, but not
really). This involved making changes to both the windows and myth
machines.

Although this was really cool, I never actually used it, so I havnt
bothered doing it again since the rebuild.