[mythtv-users] Modifying the video browsing

Anduin Withers awithers at anduin.com
Tue Aug 8 08:12:57 UTC 2006

> I have made a patch to videotree.cpp/h to allow displaying most of the
> information on the video list screen.

When you actually submit the patch, do so by creating a ticket in trac.
There are a number of changes not yet committed that will likely require
changes to this patch.

My advice is to wait for .20 to release, submit a working patch against .20
to trac.

> I tried working with the latest SVN trunk, but it doesn't seem to compile
> for
> me at all, so the patch is against 0.19-fixes.

Although it occasionally happens, SVN trunk seldom fails to compile (I built
from it today for example).

> Also, not sure if anyone is interested, I have a patch to display the
> genre-based classification of the videos in the tree view. After applying
> patch you can enable it in the mythvideo settings menu.

So a tree built using the genre as the root? For .20 I've unified the tree
building a bit, so things like this should be easier to add (though I'm not
sure I'd like it as a general MythVideo feature).

--
Anduin Withers