[mythtv-users] What does Myth *really* require in terms ofwindowingr?

Scott Alfter mythtv at salfter.dyndns.org
Tue Aug 8 04:04:52 UTC 2006

Mark Hetherington wrote:
> A small flash disk is probably worse value, but also probably cheaper, and one
> less moving part. Although I think network booting may not be a bad solution
> to avoid having to get a disk your not going to use.

Swap will kill a flash disk pretty quickly.  Unless you want to throw an insane
amount of RAM at your MythTV box so that it never has to swap (mine has 1 GB,
and it still shows some swap activity since the last reboot), you're going to
need some swap.

(I suppose you could put it on the same disk that has your recordings.  I'd
rather have the recordings disk have just recordings on it, though, and put the
rootfs and swap on the boot disk.)

   _/_
  / v \ Scott Alfter