[mythtv-users] Success! at long last. Thanks

Shanon Mulley shanonmulleyster at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 22:00:29 UTC 2006

I think you mis-understood what I meant.

I have to administer mythtv as root, but I run it as a normal user.
This works fine, as the root user (which has access to the tv cards)
accesses the tv cards, while the mythtv client just reads from the
mythbackend service (I beleive).

I dont remember giving special permissions to the recordings directory
to make anything work either. But I think I have opened up the
permissions there so I can access the files from my windows machines.