[mythtv-users] mythtv setup problem

mike bristol406 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Aug 7 10:34:44 UTC 2006

Thanks for your replies guys.  Whether I put a space between mythtv
and -setup the effect is exactly the same. i.e.
mythtv-setup
and
mythtv -setup

produce identical output.

mike

Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 15:35:10 -0500
From: Ivan Kowalenko <ivan.kowalenko at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] mythtv setup problem
To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>

------------------------------

Message: 19
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 15:38:06 -0500
From: "Mercury Morris" <mercury.morris at gmail.com>
To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>

On 8/6/06, mike <bristol406 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have just gone through the process of installing MythTV under
> Ubuntu 6.06. I have a Hauppauge Nova-T pci installed. All seemed to
> go well during installation until I did:
> mythtv -setup
>
> This is what I get:
> mike at MythTV:~$ mythtv -setup
> X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 169
>   Major opcode:  147
>   Minor opcode:  3
>   Resource id:  0x0
> Failed to open device
> X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 169
>   Major opcode:  147
>   Minor opcode:  3
>   Resource id:  0x0
> Failed to open device
> 2006-08-06 20:46:50.875 Using runtime prefix = /usr
> 2006-08-06 20:46:50.890 Unable to read configuration file mysql.txt
> 2006-08-06 20:46:50.896 Trying to create a basic mysql.txt file
> 2006-08-06 20:46:50.897 Failed to init MythContext, exiting.
> mike at MythTV:~$

> Can anyone suggest what's wrong or how to diagnose the problem. Any
> help appreciated.

Did you actually type

  mythtv (blank) -setup   ?

If so, that probably won't get you the desired results.

On many MythTV installations, the command is mythtv-setup.

There are other possible problems, judging from the short log you
provided.   But let's start with a simple problem first.

--
MM