[mythtv-users] left and right remote buttons no longer working

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Aug 6 12:35:32 UTC 2006

On 08/05/2006 11:52 PM, Justin Walther wrote:
> Hey folks,
> I've had a rock-solid myth setup now for a few years but all of a
> sudden, my left and right buttons on my remote stopped working.  I
> have a Radioshack 15-2116 (I followed jarod's FC3 guide to a T when I
> built out).  When I run irw, it doesn't see me pressing left and
> right.  I do know though that these buttons indeed work on my remote.
>
> As far as I know, nothing changed (likely story...) but seriously...I
> have no clue what could have changed.
>
> Any ideas on where to start?

Pare down your config to basics.  Take the button definition and the
application config out of your lircd.conf and your LIRC resource files,
respectively, and create new files containing only the information for
left/right.  Once you get those working, find out what's broken in your
originals and then replace them.

Mike