[mythtv-users] Got smooth playback? please post your setup & configuration

James Buckley xanium4332 at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 5 22:26:11 UTC 2006

Hi, I am having great trouble getting smooth playback (live tv or recorded).
I've tried everything (that I can think of), and still can't get TV to look
anything like as good as Sky. The ticker tape on BBC news (I'm in the UK) is
really jerky compared to any set-top-box output of the same channel.

Could anyone who's got smooth playback (and I mean as smooth as a
set-top-box gives out), please post there setup and configuration.

I'm looking for:
- what kind of tv link are you using (dvi, component etc...)
- what refresh rate you are using (ie, 50Hz, 60Hz)
- what settings do you use for playback (Deinterlacer, opengl sync etc..)

I would like to know so that I'm sure I'm not missing something vital. Also,
I'm mostly interested in HDTV capable setups, i.e. people who are using
resolutions which are capable of HDTV.

I have a pretty powerful Rig (AMD 3500+, 1gig of RAM, 200gb hdd), and am
using a DVI->DVI connection to my TV (which gives out a correct modeline
(1360x768), but only for a 75Hz refresh). My graphics card is an intergrated
nvidia 6150. Everything seems to work (except XvMC, don't know why, but
shoudn't be required with this rig), but when I watch any TV it's real
jerky.

Not meaning to make this like a survey, just I've been trying since Easter
to get this thing to work (was an Easter project), and I'm beginning to give
up.

Thanks in advance, James Buckley