[mythtv-users] How do I update file size after manually transcoding?

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Sat Aug 5 22:02:01 UTC 2006

Aran Cox <spin667 at mchsi.com> says:
> Originally I made a patch to allow 0.19 to choose which transcoding
> profile to use when manually activating transcodes.  (Not by hitting
> X, but by using the OSD menu or the job options menu.)

Much appreciated! I further edited the patch to reflect the four
transcoder profile settings I have set up (Autodetect, "1080i
NoResize," "720p NoResize," and "480i NoResize"). It patched on
0.19-fixes well and, although I haven't received any transcodes with
it yet, all the patch does is add a UI to fiddle with existing
functionality so I don't anticipate any trouble. No more manually
transcoding for me!

One question: What does "Default" mean in this context? Does it mean
whatever happens to be set at the time as the "Default Transcoder" in
Setup|TV Settings|General|General (Jobs), or whatever
transcode-profile setting existed in the recording entry of the
recording before it "expired" and, thus, the stock UI couldn't be used
to edit the seting anymore?