[mythtv-users] [mythtv] problem with Avermedia DVB-T 771 under kubuntu 6.06

Leo Kliger lkliger at bigpond.net.au
Sat Aug 5 13:12:47 UTC 2006

> > > The strange thing is that the card seems to be initialized, look at this logs:
> > >
> > Can you post a put more of your dmesg output? In specific any parts
> > mentioning the frontend. A simple dmesg | grep frontend would surfice.
> > If this is empty then you need to put the frontend module (mt352 I
> > think) into the kernel.
> >

> Actually, I think it was that module I needed to load; mt352.  Give
> that a go Phillipe and let us know how it goes.

Yes, his logs appear to be missing the following....

[4294691.875000] DVB: registering new adapter (bttv0).
[4294691.879000] DVB: registering frontend 0 (Zarlink MT352 DVB-T)...

He probably needs to:-

modprobe dvb-bt8xx
modprobe mt352

Test the card by installing:-

apt-get install dvb-utils
apt-get install xine

scan /usr/share/doc/dvb-utils/examples/scan/dvb-t/"COUNTRY_CITY" | tee ~/.xine/channels.conf

He should now be able to view live tv through xine.
(NOTE: "COUNTRY_CITY" the dvb-t directory for the correct country code and city)