[mythtv-users] Success! at long last. Thanks

Shanon Mulley shanonmulleyster at gmail.com
Sat Aug 5 12:25:52 UTC 2006

Ladds,

I'm running fedora using Jarods guide also. Like you, a normal user on
my system cant access the video cards - only the root user. At first I
tried to resolve it, but in the end I decided it didnt matter, as
mythtv worked fine anyway. A problem that doesnt stop something from
working is not a problem in my book.

Also, I cant run mythfilldatabase as a normal user - only as root.
Again, this is not a problem me, as I beleive root is the user that
runs it automatically anyway.

Shanon.